Check Out My Acting Debut in "Driving to Zigzigland"

First of all, sorry. I promise to get back to more real, Brian-Laesch-style blogs soon...but for now...here is another self-promotion.
Check out my performance in the new indie film, "Driving to Zigzigland," as the drunken soldier, Jake. It's by no means a leading role, but it is some good screen time and a pretty good performance on my part. (It was really hard to channel being drunk. I had to do a lot of research on how that works since I obviously had no idea.) I also consider it my first tangible acting gig that's worth anything. (I'm not playing the part of "scenery.") The funny thing is--we filmed this almost two years ago, and for all intensive purposes, I quit acting a year ago (besides the occasional commercial audition). But now, this film is about to hit the festival circuit and has even gotten some good press on Yahoo! News. Check it out.
So it's fun--which is all I ever wanted out of acting. I don't want an acting career, unless a writing career is attached to it. I'm not an actor...but I can act. So check it out. You can check it out on my IMDB profile as well and hopefully I'll get a clip of my scene up here soon. Happy Holidays everybody (and I promise I'll get back to writing some goofy, random, gangsta rap-influenced, mindless dribble soon).



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home