Friday, November 10, 2006

Welcome to Brian Laesch's Blog

Hi, my name is Brian Laesch. You may know me from such hits as…well nothing yet, unless you are a fan of me from Myspace or some other, really random social networking site. Other than that, unless you are my parents or one of my friends, you probably don’t know much about me. (Actually, I take that back, you may be one of the few, miscellaneous fans of my old blog, drunkblogger.com. It wasn’t bad, but I didn’t like where it was headed so it was time to move on.)

Well here is some info about me: I grew up in Central Illinois, Bloomington to be exact. I went to Arizona State University where I basically partied for four years and didn’t do much else (except graduate on time…somehow). It was actually unfair to the rest of the country how much I partied there. I felt like somewhere, a kid at a small liberal arts college in Wisconsin was probably doing double the studying because of it. You know, like some kind of weird, academic karma…or not. Really though, it’s not that I was an alcoholic, but if I hadn’t known that “it was all just a college thing,” I would have been on the path to being one. Can’t complain about my time spent at ASU at all though, except for the part about learning stuff.

After graduating, I spent a meaningless summer in Tempe, followed by a 1 1/2 month move back to Indiana (where my parents had moved), then moved back to Arizona for an internship I was offered…pretty much the day I got back. I stayed there for 4 months, got what I needed out of the internship and moved on to LA, where I’ve been struggling somewhat and just figuring this whole city out, up to this point, 2 1/2 years later. While I’m not done, I’ve finally reached a point where it’s time to go get it. I’ve learned a lot since moving to LA. The cliche: a lot about myself. I’ve found myself. The reality: a lot about the entertainment industry, the bullshit in this town, and the fact that honestly, nobody knows anything. (I technically stole the “nobody knows anything” part from a successfull screenwriter, but it’s a pretty general statement, and it’s so on the dot that I can’t say it any better way. Besides, it’s not like he, uhh, like, used big words or something. He can’t sue me.)

So that’s where I am now, taking myself seriously, finally, and getting my life going. I’m very interested to find out where I’ll be a year from now, and I hope you are too. But if not, I understand. You just don’t know me...not yet at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home